Ordinance No. 1983-889
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NO. 771, SERIES 1981: PRESCRIBING GUIDELINES AND/OR RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR DEATH AND HOSPITALIZATION BENEFITS OR RECOGNIZED AND DULY AUTHORIZED BARANGAY TANODS IN THE 27 BARANGAYS OF THE CITY OF NAGA: -
Be it ordained by the Sangguniang Panlungsod of the City of Naga, that:
SECTION 1. – These guidelines and/or rules and regulations regarding claims for dearth and hospitalization benefits of bonafide Barangay Tanod Members of 27 Baragays of the City of Naga occasioned in the performance of their official duties is hereby amended to include claims for death and hospitalization benefits attributed to or caused by lingering illness and death buy natural causes:
1. The death and hospitalization benefits herein granted shall be enjoyed even if the event of death or injuries sustained may have been purely accidental or entirely due to a fortuitous cause if the death or personal injury arose out and in the course of the tour of duty, or within 48 hours thereafter, or if the bonafide Barangay Tanod Member contacts any illness or disease cause by or occasioned by the performance of his duty, or dies due to any lingering illness or diseases and dearth by natural causes. Provided, that if the dearth or injury was due to the member’s own notorious negligence or voluntary act or drunkenness, he shall not be entitles to the benefits provided;
2. In the case of the death occurring within 48 hours after duty due to high blood or heart failure and/or death while in the performance of official duties or by reason thereof, cash assistance of P3, 000.00, provided, the following supporting papers are submitted:
a. Death Certificate;
b. Certificate that deceased member died by reason above stated, duly signed
by Barangay Tanod Executive Officer, Barangay Captain and Police Investigating Officer;
c. Certification that deceased member was a bonafide Barangay Tanod Member duly signed by the City Development Officer;
3. In case of death occurring out of any illness or disease or death by natural causes cash assistance of P1,500.00; provided the following supporting papers are submitted:
a. Death Certificate;
b. Certificate that deceased Tanod Member was a bonafide member of the Tanod Brigade, duly signed by the Barangay Executive Officer, Barangay Captain and the City Development Officer, Provided, however, that the death occurs not more than six (6) months from the last tour of duty of the deceased as an active Tanod Member.
4. In case of accident and/or injury while in the performance of duty needing hospitalization:
a. For slight physical injuries – P15.00 per day for not more than ten (10) days as cash assistance; for loss of not incapacity for labor, plus P10.00 per day for not more than (10) days as cash assistance for medical and hospitalization expenses or a total sum not exceeding P250.00;
b. For less serious injuries – P15.00 per day for not more than thirty (30) days as cash assistance, for loss or of incapacity for labor, plus P15.00 per day for not more than thirty (30) days as cash assistance for medical and hospitalization expenses or a total sum not exceeding P900.00;
c. For serious physical injuries which includes attempted frustrated homicide, murder P15.00 per day for not more than sixty (60) days as cash assistance, for loss of or incapacity for labor, plus P15.00 per day for not more than forty (40) days as cash assistance, for medical and hospitalization expenses or a total sum not exceeding P1,500.00.
5. In case of hospitalization due to any illness or disease – P15.00 per day as cash assistance for medical and hospitalization expenses and incapacity for labor or a total sum of not exceeding P450.00.
PROVIDED, However, that in cases of injury and hospitalization above-stated in sub-sections 4 and 5, Section 1, the following supporting papers are submitted:
a. Medical Certification of the extent of injury/sickness, signed by the government doctor for his actual confinement in a government hospital;
b. Certification of actual record of hospitalization duly signed by the hospital doctor;
c. Certification that the Tanod Member got his injury/sickness while in the performance of his official duties or by reason thereof duly signed by the Barangay Tanod Executive Officer, Barangay Captain and the City Development Officer.
SECTION 2. – In either case of death or hospitalization, the required supporting papers shall be submitted to the three (3) man committee to review the same and make the necessary recommendations. The committee shall be composed of the following:
CHAIRMAN: His honor, the City Mayor or his authorized representative;
MEMBERS: The Station Commander PC/INP, Naga City; and The President, Panglungsod Katipunan ng mga Barangay of Naga City.
SECTION 3. – Effective upon its approval of this amending Ordinance, applicants to the Barangay Tanod Brigades in the 27 Barangays of the City of Naga shall comply with the following qualifications:
a. Filipino citizen, of legal age; but not more than 55 years old;
b. Physically fit duly certified by the Government doctor in the City of Naga;
c. Actual resident of the Barangay he will serve;
d. Of good moral character and conduct and without court records.
SECTION 4. – This amended death and hospitalization guidelines and/or rules and regulations to include present pending claims, shall be binding upon its approval until such time the national government shall have enacted a law covering insurance benefits for Barangay Tanod Brigade Members;
SECTION 5. – This ordinance amends Ordinance No. 771, Series 1981.
SECTION 6. – This ordinance shall take effect upon it approval.
ENACTED: October 17, 1983.
WE HEREBY CERTIFY to the correctness of the foregoing ordinance.
PORFIRIO B. BADIONG, JR.
Kalihim, Sangguniang Panlungsod
FELICISIMO G. DE ASIS
Acting Presiding Officer
CARLOS G. DEL CASTILLO
ERIBERTO C. SERVIDAD
Secretary to the Mayor