Executive Order No. 2011-016
ESTABLISHING THE MAYORAL AWARDS FOR OUTSTANDING CITY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
WHEREAS, it is the policy of the government to recognize and reward honest and hardworking employees;
WHEREAS, the Productivity Improvement Program (PIP) laid down measures on how to upgrade condition of employment and employees’ performance in the city government thru, among others, the institutionalization of an annual awards scheme for employees;
NOW, THEREFORE, WE, JOHN G. BONGAT, Mayor of Naga City and JENNY B. ORPIA, City Youth Mayor, by the powers vested in us by law, do hereby order the following:
Section 1. The Mayoral Award for Outstanding City Government Employees is hereby established and institutionalized which shall be open to all employees of the city government regardless of employment status.
Section 2. General Criteria. The general criteria relative to the search for Outstanding City Employee/s are as follows:
- Honesty and dedication to work;
- Outstanding service;
- Integrity and humility;
- Knowledge of the programs of the city government; and,
- Other factors as stated in the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Government Officials and Employees.
Section 3. Search Committee. The PRAISE, as established under Executive Order 2010-014, composed of the following shall act as the Search Committee of this program:
Chairman - Mr. Florencio T. Mongoso, Jr. CSEE, Acting City Administrator
Co – Chairman - Mr. Francisco M. Mendoza, City Budget Officer
Members - Mr. Wilfredo B. Prilles, Jr.,, City Planning and Development Coordinator
Ms. Teresita M. Zapata, City Human Resource Management Officer
Mr. Gil A. de la Torre, PIC Coordinator/SP Secretary
Mr. Prudencio V. Rodriquez, NACILGUEA President
Section 4. Functions of the Search Committee.The Search Committee shall have the following functions:
1) To review the criteria and guidelines of the selection process;
2) To validate, review, evaluate and select the outstanding city government employees following the established Guidelines, Rules and Criteria;
3) To submit to the City Mayor, on or before November 31, of each year, the names of the Mayoral Awardees for approval and conferment during the Year-End Evaluation Activity done every December.
Section 5. Recognition and Rewards. The Outstanding City Employees Awards shall be given once every year starting 2011. The chosen award recipients shall receive the following:
- Plaque of recognition;
- Cash prizes as determined by the City Mayor upon the recommendation of the Search Committee;
- Other awards as may be determined by the PRAISE Committee, subject to the approval of the City Mayor.
Section 6. This Executive Order shall be effective immediately.
Issued this 25th day of April, 2011 at Naga City, Philippines.
JOHN G. BONGAT
JENNY B. ORPIA
City Youth Mayor
FLORENCIO T. MONGOSO, JR. CSEE
Department Head II and Acting City Administrator
City Youth Administrator