It’s More Fun in Naga Online Photo Contest 2012
An old and yet dynamic city known for its quaint charm and legendary hospitality, Naga City is a “go to” hub that one loves to come back to because of its smiling people, superb cuisine, ancient landmarks, rich culture and heritage, as well as modern amenities that are perfect for guests and tourists, and homesick sons and daughters who come to visit for the fiesta and family reunions.
We want to capture these images and share them with everybody, in the Internet, in public shows or exhibits, or in important social events that highlight Naga as the city we love. The funniest, the most extraordinary, the most delicious,or the oddest experience you have had in this wonderful city as caught by the camera may bring you prizes, trophies, and the chance to be honored for that perfect shot during ceremonies in celebration of the 64th Charter Anniversary of the City of Naga on June 18, 2012!
WHO CAN JOIN?
The contest is open to all amateur and professional photographers and hobbyists, ages 18 years old and above, whether based in Naga or anywhere in the Philippines and abroad but who has been to Naga and taken photos of the city. Participants who are below 18 years old must secure a written consent from a parent or guardian.
CONTEST RULES AND MECHANICS:
1. A participant must submit a fun photo that showcases the best treasures of Naga (people, food, arts, culture, traditions, places, tourist destination, landmarks, street scenes, etc.), consistent with the general theme “Naga Smiles to the World.” A participant can send as many entries but he/she can only win once.
2. This is an individual work. An entry shared by two persons or a group is not allowed. The entry should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “It’s More Fun in Naga.”
3. Participant should provide the following information together with his/her entry:
Title: “One to three words title. It’s more fun in Naga.”
A description of not more than 100 words:
Name of the Participant:
Address and Contact Number: (will not be published)
4. All entries should be original. The photo must have been taken between January 1, 2011 and June 8, 2012. It should not have won in any photo contest or published in any form of print and online media.
5. The photo entry must be digitally taken in JPEG format with a size of 8 inches x 10 inches. The image quality should be set in the highest possible resolution of the digital camera.
6. Entries that are scanned from a printed copy, or are digitally retouched using a photo software application are not allowed. However, a participant can use the creative effects of the camera, such as filtration and multiple exposures. Minor cropping, resizing, dodging, and adjusting the density, brightness and contrasts can be tolerated.
7. Watermarks and any other markings on the photo entry, such as the name of the photographer or the time and date the photo was taken, are not allowed.
8. The participant agrees that his/her submitted entry will become the property of the City Government of Naga and can be used on the city website (http://naga.gov.ph). Likewise, the city government can use the photo for marketing, exhibition, and promotional purposes in all of its future publications, whether on print, film, or online media without any financial compensation to the owner. However, the owner will be duly acknowledged for his work. Failure to credit the owner due to any error or omission will not be held against the City Government of Naga.
9. Deadline of submission of entries online will be on June 8, 2012 at the close of office hours at 5:00 p.m. while final selection for the People’s Choice Award will end on midnight of June 15, 2012. The organizers reserve the right to disqualify an entry that does not meet the criteria.The decision of the jury is final and irrevocable. Any protest or complaint made after the announcement of finalists and winners will not be entertained by the organizers.
1. The top twenty (20) entries will be determined by the members of the Board of Judges on June 8, 2012 and will be uploaded on the “Naga SMILES to the World” Facebook page. All other photo entries will likewise be posted on a separate album.
2. Online voting for the “People’s Choice Award” will start immediately on May 11, 2012 until midnight of June 15, 2012. Tagging the photo to his or her friends is permitted.
3. The People’s Choice Award is a separate competition using a Facebook App. This promo is exclusive for Naga SMILES to the World fans but any Facebook user will be able to vote for entries. Email, phone number, gender, and country will be required for participants to join and complete their registration.
4. Users can only enter once so make it your best among many shots taken. To maximize reach users may post the contest on their wall after entering and will be able to recommend the promotion to their friends and share to get new votes.
5. The final Twenty entries will enter the second round of the competition and the TOP 3 will be determined according to the following criteria that are also used in the selection of the Top 20:
Creativity and originality 30%
Photographic quality 30%
Relevance to the theme 40%
The prizes are as follows:
FIRST PLACE P 20,000.00
SECOND PLACE 15,000.00
THIRD PLACE 10,000.00
PEOPLE’S CHOICE P 5,000.00
Winners will be notified via submitted email and guided how to claim their prizes before June 18, 2012.
Let’s get that shutter ready and show how Naga smiles to the world!