AdeNU grad in Top 10 CPA exam
NAGA CITY — Russel Aaron Nachor Ailes of the Ateneo de Naga University here placed sixth in the May 2013 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination which was topped by a fellow Atenean, Richard Baguio Saavedra, of Ateneo de Davao University.
1,553 of 5,665 examiners passed the recent CPA Licensure Examination, according to the Professional Regulation Commission.
De La Salle University- Manila emerged as the top-performing school during the exam, with a passing rate of 96.36%. To be considered a top-performing institution, a school must have 50 or more examinees with at least 80% passing percentage.
TopnotcherSaavedra topped the exam with a 96% rating while Ailes got a rating of 93.29%.
The list of examinees who nabbed the 10 highest spots follows:
1. Richard Baguio Saavedra, Ateneo de Davao University, 96.00%;
2. Mikyll Hum Dalimot Narvios, University of San Carlos (Cebu), 95.43%;
3. Tom Braian Aguilar, University of Baguio, 94.00%;
4. Wendell Kho Ang, University of San Carlos, 93.71%;
5. JaymarPelinDumagsa, Western Leyte College (Ormoc), 93.57%;
6. Russel Aaron Nachor Ailes, Ateneo de Naga University, 93.29%;
Hazel Valerie Ngo Sy, De La Salle University-Manila, 93.29%;
7. Jon Vincent Ngo Ong, De La Salle University-Manila, 93.14%;
8. Glen Dareen Astillero Santos, Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan de Oro), 92.71%
9. Kathleen Rivera Samonte, De La Salle University, 92.43%;
10. Arianne Canon Fernando, University of San Carlos, 92.29%;
Jay Ronald LeopardasLluvido, Holy Name University (Tagbilaran City), 92.29%.