Facebook Twitter Youtube E-Mail

News

Safe motherhood congress mulled

By Jason B. Neola

BUNTIS CONGRESS.  A medical doctor from the Naga City Hospital conducts blood-typing on several pregnant mothers who attended the safe motherhood congress

BUNTIS CONGRESS. A medical doctor from the Naga City Hospital conducts blood-typing on several pregnant mothers who attended the safe motherhood congress

THE local government unit here wants to arrest cases of maternal deaths in poor communities brought about by pregnancy and childbirth delivery.

Reports said that the number of deaths in the least economically resilient communities (LERCs) is higher than in any area of the city as most of the pregnant mothers in impoverished areas have limited resources in gaining access to improve their knowledge on safe childbirth delivery.

“Inadequate knowledge on maternal care before, during and after child delivery also put the mothers at great risk,” says Dr. Joen Sebastian, a community medical doctor who partners with the Ginhawang Nagueño and the City Social Welfare and Development Office in organizing the safe motherhood congress which was conducted last July 25, this year.

  • August 9th 2017
  • Posted in Health
  • No Comments

DTI taps barangay execs for consumer protection

By Ana-Liza S. Macatangay

AS end-users of goods and services, consumers are at vulnerable state, particularly when it comes to product deception and fraud employed by some unscrupulous businessmen.

This situation prompted the Department of Trade and Industry’s (DTI) provincial office in Camarines Sur to conduct a seminar on advocating consumerism. Dubbed “Promoting Consumer Vigilance Among Barangays In Naga City,” the event was held Tuesday, July 25, at the Avenue Plaza Convention Center here.

Attended by barangay officials and representatives, the seminar sought to help barangays increase awareness on consumer activism in the barangays and promote consumers’ welfare in this city and the adjoining nearby municipalities.

Search for Miss Bicolandia 2017 is on

By Armie B. Gunay

NAGA CITY — The search is now officially on for Miss Bicolandia 2017 whose pageant and coronation night will be held on September 6 at the Jesse M. Robredo Coliseum.

City Councilor Jose “Sonny” Rañola who once again heads this year’s Miss Bicolandia seaech and beauty pageant assured a smooth conduct of the event as they did last year.

He also reiterated that they are going to be strict with the implementation of the Miss Bicolandia guidelines, particularly those that concern talent scouts, so as to prevent any friction or misunderstanding between them and the pageant council.