Availing of Special Program for Employment of Students (Employers)

Availing of Special Program for Employment of Students (Employers)

ABOUT THE SERVICES

THE SPECIAL Program for Employment of Students (SPES) provides government agencies and participating private establishments the opportunity to help poor but deserving students and out-of-school youth in pursuing their education by employing them during summer vacation. The program was created under Republic Act 7323, enacted on March 30, 1992. SPES is conducted every year. Participating government agencies and private companies employ students and out-of-school youth for a minimum of 15 but not more than 45 days. They are required to pay only 60% of the prevailing minimum wage in the area. The remaining 40% is paid by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) upon a student’s presentation of his enrolment form for the next school year.

To qualify for the program, participating firms and government agencies must have employed at least 50 workers at any given time during the past 12 months.

REQUIREMENTS

  • Pledge of Commitment – a document specifying the number of students to be hired, their desired qualifications and wage rate.

HOW TO AVAIL OF THE SERVICES

FOLLOW THESE STEPS

IT WILL TAKE YOU

PLEASE APPROACH

1. Pre-Employment Phase

Coordinate with Metro PESO and submit the Pledge of Commitment. This must be signed by the Manager and Finance/Budget Officer of the company.

RODERICK D. REFORSADO
Admin Officer IV

2. Employment Phase

Metro PESO will refer student-applicants to you. Immediately notify the office if student-applicants are accepted. Submit a Placement Report not later than 5 days after the start of employment.

3. Post-Employment Phase

Certification of Employment At the end of the employment period, you should issue to the student-participant a certification of the Student’s Employment Record (SPES Form 04).

This should specify the number of days worked, wage rate, overtime pay and other incentives received from the employer.

Employment Terminal Report

Within 3 days from the end of a student-employee’s work duration, submit to Metro PESO 3 copies of an Employment Termination Report (SPES Form 04-1). This shall be the basis for the computation of the 40% share of the DOLE. The DOLE may require you to submit a copy of the payroll of the student employees to verify the salary they received.

RODERICK D. REFORSADO
Admin Officer IV

ANGELICA GUTTIERREZ
MARIE JOY FLORES
Job Order

METRO NAGA PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT SERVICE OFFICE
GF DOLE Bldg., J. Miranda Ave., Concepcion Pequeña, Naga City
For more information, please contact:
Reuel M. Oliver, Acting City PESO Manager
E-mail: metropeso@naga.gov.ph