Principle, Mission, Vision
To make Nagueños happy and proud of their city and of their living faith thru continuous improvement and innovation in inclusive governance and responsible citizenship
By 2015, Naga shall be the recognized model of:
- Good governance and responsible citizenship
- driven by a shared development direction crafted, implemented and continually improved in an inclusive manner;
- sustained by a citizenry that asserts and accepts their roles and responsibilities in nation-building;
- People-centered development
- anchored on quality and accessible services in health, education and other social services, especially for the marginalized and the vulnerable;
- that enables the private sector to generate the best value from local talents, technology and resources, and provide gainful jobs and entrepreneurial opportunities for the Nagueno;
- Abiding faith that expresses itself in social solidarity and a culture of excellence
- flourishing in a city that is peaceful, safe and in accord with nature; where cultural values are nurtured and religious diversity respected; and where technology enables the Nagueño to be part of a global community of people and nations.
In the process, it shall set the pace in participatory urban development in the Philippines and in Southeast Asia, and inspire others in their own path to development.
- Civic involvement
GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF THE CITY GOVERNMENT
- We put public interest above personal convenience or gain
- We act with integrity and transparency in our official transactions, conscious of our accountability to our people
- We strive for service excellence thru continuous learning and improvement, constantly looking for better ways of doing things
- We seek the best value from use of government resources to give our people more and better services for less
- We encourage the participation by our stakeholders in crafting plans and implementing them, and seek their feedback as key inputs in further improving our services. Diversity of opinion will be our tool against complacency, mediocrity and stagnation.
- We seek not only the best interest of the present but also of succeeding generations.
- We are ready to help other local governments improve themselves to better respond to their own people’s needs and aspirations, and in the process learn from them.
- We generate synergy through partnerships with the private sector, civil society, and the international community to better address the needs of our people.
- We continually elevate our competence and advance ourselves professionally—to serve our people better and leave a legacy that our family and community will be proud of.
- We strive for excellence in all that we do driven by the strength that grows out of competing with the best in the world.