Naga is widely recognized as a model for good governance. Over the years, it has garnered over 140 awards and citations from various institutions.
Naga’s governance model is founded on 3 elements: a progressive development perspective with “growth with equity” as a core philosophy; partnerships that enable the city to tap community resources for priority undertakings; and people participation which ensures long-term sustainability by generating broad-based stakeholdership and community ownership of local initiatives.
The active engagement of its citizens in the governance process, as well as partnerships with non-government organizations, people’s organizations and the private sector, were powerful engines that propelled Naga’s rise. An energized city hall rank and file, finding inspiration in its leadership, provided the backbone on which Naga City thrived.
- Productivity Improvement Program (PIP) – Write up | Powerpoint Presentation
- People Empowerment – Write up | Powerpoint Presentation
- i-Governance – Write up | Powerpoint Presentation
- Metro Naga Development Council (MNDC) – Write up
- Emergency Rescue Naga -
- Socialized Medical Care Program (SOMECAP) – Write-up
NAGA CITY GOVERNANCE INSTITUTE
G/F Roco Library Bldg., City Hall Compound, J. Miranda Ave., Naga City, Philippines
Tel. 63 54 4727466